Saturday, August 11, 2012

Long Time Coming


August 9, 2012

So it has been a very long time since my first post and a lot has changed.  Kane is now 11, Noah is 7 and Aubrey is 2 and a half.  I no longer work at the plus size clothing store and while I am still scoping, I am also working for a manufacturing company doing document control 20 to 30 hours a week.

I think the most significant change in my life is the fact that I had gastric bypass surgery on March 13th.  While it has by no means been an easy journey I find myself down 81 pounds from my starting weight and I have gone from a size 28/30 to an 18/20.  Along this journey I have hit some stumbling blocks both with my health and with my depression.  I have fallen off from taking my medication and found myself spiraling back down into that black hole. It wasn’t just my antidepressants I quit taking, it was everything so I have also been battling anemia, Vitamin D and B12 deficiencies.  

The ADD has been a major struggle as I can’t seem to concentrate on anything lately for more than three minutes.  It doesn’t help that school starts again in about a week which means fundraising meetings and Cub Scouts and this year the addition of Boy Scouts for Kane.  All this on top of getting school supplies and uniforms all ready for two kids and at some point I am going to have to nail down daycare for Bree.  Then there is the four birthdays and two weddings this month.

I have begun the idea of setting goals for myself in an attempt to tame the ADD and the depression.  The first goal, which I have hit for the last week is to get my medication in daily.  My next goal is to blog at least once a week.  I am still trying to decide exactly where to take this blog but its main focus is to give me an outlet and maybe help someone else in the process.


Til next time,


A Blue Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment